Wood Floor problems? I Used To Teach Wood Floors
My name is Franklyn Gallup. I am a senior citizen, 62 years old and I WAS a retired Master Wood Floor Mechanic.
I was spending an average of 15 hours a week sharing my God given talents and knowledge with
anyone who needed help with wood floors.
Apparently, it is illegal for me to continue do so under Washington State Law 18.27.200(1)(a) RCW.
The Dept of Labor & Industries is fining me for $1000 for the violation below:
Description: Advertising, offering to do work, submitting a bid or preforming work when not registered as a contractor, as required. Mr. Gallup was
consulting people on how to install hardwood floors without being a registered contractor as required under RCW 18.27.200.
To become licensed I would have to be bonded and have liability insurance which I have not found an insurance company that will offer me this
at a reasonable rate that I can afford.
Therefore, I no longer be offering ANY of the services I used to offer as described below.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
If you have any questions contact Robert Esparza (Compliance Inspector) at (360) 902-6813.
After 40 years in the wood flooring business, I USED to work as a teacher.
Customers would become my temporary apprentices and my temporary apprentices become lifetime friends.
I also USED to give free advice by phone to people all over the world. I no longer do that.
YOU would have Benefited several ways when I helped YOU with your wood floor project.
- I USED to provide tools of the trade SAVING YOU rental costs
- I USED to show YOU labor saving tricks making the job EASIER. No more!
- I USED to show YOU ways to SAVE MONEY in supplies. No longer.
- I USED to adjust to fit YOUR skill level.
- I USED to help YOU get satisfaction of participating
- I USED to bring the tools to YOU
- I USED to make it FUN for YOU
- YOU USED to be able to adjust the cost by deciding how much help YOU needed and thereby keep within budget.